48 Tests - ON0318
The Chlamydia trachomatis kit is an vitro diagnostic test for identification Chlamydia trachomatis genome, by Real-Time PCR.
Chlamydia is a common STD caused by infection with Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium. Chlamydia disease surveillance shows that the number of Chlamydia infections is increasing in Europe: there are now more than 250 000 new cases reported each year (ECDC). Many Chlamydia infections do not produce symptoms, and the growing number of reported cases is likely to be the result of increased awareness about the disease and intensified testing. It can cause cervicitis, urethritis, and proctitis. In women, these infections can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), tubal factor infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and chronic pelvic pain. Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is another type of STD caused by C. trachomatis
Nucleic acid amplification tests are the most sensitive tests to use on easy-to-obtain specimens. This includes vaginal swabs (either clinician- or patient-collected) or urine.
- cystein rich outer membrane protein genomic region and dnaB-like plasmidic gene
- Internal Control (IC)
- Vaginal swab
- Cervical swab
- Urethral swab
Real-Time PCR instruments:
- Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast (ThermoFisher SCIENTIFIC)
- StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR System (ThermoFisher SCIENTIFIC)
- Rotor-Gene Q MDx (RG-Q MDx - QIAGEN)
- Stratagene Mx3000P qPCR System
Manual Extraction with:
- QIAmp DNA mini kit (QIAGEN)